Hi, How Can We Help You?

Frequently Asked Questions


Australia is known as the land of opportunity. It’s a country where you can find some of the best universities in the world, with excellent teaching staff and an educational system second to none.

The perfect place to study abroad. Studying abroad has many benefits for students, like taking advantage of new cultures and languages, getting familiarized with different academic approaches, and finding out about international career opportunities. But not everyone is aware of all these benefits that studying in Australia can provide for them.

The costs of migrating to Australia to study will depend on one’s country of origin, the type of visa one is applying for, the length of their stay, and which institution you are planning on studying at.

For example, if you are from Nigeria and are planning on staying for more than 6 months in order to pursue a degree at RMIT University in Melbourne, then you will need to apply for a student visa. This application costs AU$460 and must be submitted in person at the Australian Embassy in Nigeria.

This visa takes two weeks to process but can last up to five years which means it’s worth it if you plan on staying long-term.

You will need to start by registering and getting a sponsor. You can do this by filling out an Expression of Interest (EOI). After you have submitted your EOI, there is a waiting period before you will be invited to apply for the student visa. The waiting period varies depending on the demand for visas in Australia.

Australia is one of the most popular destinations for international students according to the QS World University Rankings 2019. It offers some of the best education in the world and has a lot of scholarship opportunities available.

The visa application process takes some time and it’s important that you get all your documentation together so that you don’t miss any deadlines and incur penalties along with an added fee if your application needs to be extended or deferred due to unforeseen circumstances.

Australia has many universities that offer courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Choosing the best university for international students can be tricky when you’re not sure what to look for.

Would you like to know where the best universities in Australia are for international students? You can find out by visiting this page.

  • Have a Degree – OND, HND, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD.
  • Be less than 50 years of age.

Australian student visas are granted to students who are seeking study in Australia. The following are the requirements for applying for an Australian student visa.

The applicant should be aged 18 or above at the time of lodging the application. They must also have a valid passport and meet the health requirements.

The applicant should also have enough money to cover living costs for themselves, tuition fees, maintenance costs and any other incidental costs incurred during their stay in Australia.

The applicant must provide evidence of their ability to travel back to their country of citizenship or their country of permanent residence after completion of studies in Australia if required by Immigration New Zealand (INZ).

The applicant must be nominated by a course provider that is approved by INZ as a provider of education and training services in Australia.

Yes, you can work part time while study in the UK, US, Australia and Canada but it depends on your eligibility. You can work either work on campus or off campus. There are also options for the spouses of international students to work in Canada if desired.

The Work Permit Program (WPP) give students who have graduated from a participating post-secondary institution the opportunity to gain valuable foreign work experience. The length of your work permit will depend on the length of your study period, to a maximum of three years. This may even lead to securing permanent residence provided that you are a skilled worker employed in certain sectors.

Some institution may require that you pay part of your tuition fees before the final acceptance letter is released to you, however this varies from one instutuion to another. Note that the visa officer (VO) in charge of your visa application may ask you to make the full payment, and it depends on the case.

International students are expected to start planning for their studies abroad 1 year in advance. The biggest intake for most institutions is ‘Fall’ i.e. September. The other intake is in the month of ‘Winter’ i.e. January. However, it depends on the students program and the institution you are applying to. Very few institutes might have the May intake as well.

If you are applying for an undergraduate study program, it is likely you will need to take an approved English Language test. For postgraduate courses, it is unlikely that you will be required to write an English language proficiency test provided your first degree was taught in English language.

The required level would vary from institution to institution, and you would need to make sure you know what the requirements are when you apply.